By the way, finishing GSOC does not mean that my contribution finished, indeed I'm planning to continue contributing on this project as I have free time.
Results achievedGnome Maps finally supports via points. All my code was committed to the master branch and considering that we've got a code freeze exception, I'm really happy to announce that it will be in Gnome 3.14!
|Finally via points!|
|Turn point marker bubble appears on instruction selection|
- It's possible to add and remove via points. All the points that compose the query have a marker, that can be drag.
- On instruction selection, a turn point is showed on the map and a bubble with the instruction appears.
- There are information about the estimated time to reach the final destination and the distance of the routing, moreover every instruction has info about its length.
- There are new icons for destinations (thanks to Andreas Nilsson).
- A spinner is showed on route loading (thank to Jonas Danielsson).
The main thing I dropped has been via points reordering. The GTK drag and drop library is not simple as it seems, so I planned to add this feature in the next release.
I really would like to thank you all the Gnome Maps team, in details:
- Mattias Bengtsson for mentoring me
- Jonas Danielsson, Damiàn Nohales and Zeeshan Ali for reviewing my code
- Andreas Nilsson for design, mockup and graphics
By the way, I could never forget the nights spent coding during GUADEC with Rishi Raj Singh and Mattias.